If your streaming platform accepts you to pay for your subscription using MasterCard, then if you don’t own one [MasterCard] you can use MTN’s virtual card; the MTN MoMoCard — that allows you to make online payments without the need of having a physical card.
Therefore, if you’re using streaming platforms like; Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, among other, you can pay for your subscription using MTN mobile money.
Because you can’t pay directly using mobile money since MTN has no any kind of partnership with these platforms other than Tidal, you should acquire the MoMoCard using your phone to pay for the subscription;
To acquire one;
- Dial *165*70# >> select option 1 which is to create an MTN MoMocard and you will be charged a non-refundable UGX1,000.
- Your prompted to enter your mobile money pin to confirm payment.
- A 16-digit virtual card number together with the CVV number is generated and sent to your phone via an SMS. It is this that you will use to pay for your subscription.
For instance, paying for Netflix after creating the virtual card;
First time users perspective: (signing up)
- Open your preferred web browser on your phone or PC, and navigate to the Netflix.com website and sign up for an account.
- Choose your preferred plan, and then will be asked to enter your debit or credit card details.
- Use the 16-digit virtual card number, Expiry Date, and CVV that was generated for you after you created the MoMoCard (as shown in the previous steps above).
- Done. Your payment has been made.
However, the MoMoCard will expire after two weeks, this means that you will have to create the card every after it expires if you wish to continue using your streaming platform. This applies for all streaming platforms that you apply the card to.