NewsNews ArchiveSmartphones

Another Shocking Case: Man in Coma After Power shock While Charging iPhone

iphone_2338311bBefore the technology world recovers from the news that a Chinese woman died from electric shock when she used her iPhone while it was being charged, a similar scenario has hit apple users again.

Wu Jian Tong, a 30-year-old Chinese man, slipped into coma following an electric shock he got while charging his iPhone 4. It is said that he was using a third-party product charger.


His sister managed to pull the plug but by then he had become unresponsive, in a spasm and foaming at the mouth. By the time an ambulance came, Mr Wu had stopped breathing and paramedic resuscitated him.

Doctors treating the victim have said it was no doubt an electric shock that caused Mr Wu to remain in coma, although he is in a stable condition.

This is the second case of electric shock involving an iPhone, “It was with great sadness we learned through press reports that a Beijing customer was injured using a ‘knock off’ or counterfeit charger and we are looking into this further.” Apple said in a statement.

“Our customer’s safety is very important to us and we have carefully designed all Apple products to meet government safety standards. We recommend our customers only purchase Apple products from Apple of authorized Apple resellers,” the Cupertino-based firm added.

Source: IB Times


Ephraim Batambuze III

Digital guy, Web developer, Tech blogger, Gadgets Reviews, Geeky dad. Twitter:@batambuze WhatsApp/Telegram:+256781665128 Skype:ebatambuze
Back to top button
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Adblock Detected

Please disable your adblocker to continue accessing this site.