Jaguze Tech has developed an artificial intelligence (AI) chatbot within the Jaguza app to provide personalized advice and guidance to farmers through an intuitive chat interface built on OpenAI’s ChatGPT 3.5 interactive model.
“We are proud to introduce this new tool, the Jaguza AI chatbot assistant that will be beneficial to farmers and aid the productivity of everyone,” Jaguza AI’s Technical Founder and CEO, Mr. Ronald Katamba told PC Tech Magazine. “We’ve combined technologies including GPT, vector databases from Microsoft Azure OpenAI, speech recognition from Bhashini, and the ease of use of Google Docs to create a simple conversational chatbot.”
Farmers are able to ask an array of agronomic, farm business, animal health, and product usage questions — to which the chatbot analyzes their inputs and responds.
Designed to assist users including farmers, extension workers, veterinary doctors, researchers, and health officers, the Jaguza AI Chatbot advises on fertilizer requirements & dosages, nutrient levels in crops, and all livestock information — and also provides valuable knowledge regarding basic agricultural and livestock needs. The structure employs Natural Language Processing (NLP) and draws information from pre-determined data to deliver responses to user queries to ensure accuracy as well as analyze previous interactions and source data from the Jaguza.
The design of the chatbot which is available in the new update of the Jaguza app (Jaguza app [Android] and [iOS]) — includes an architecture that analyzes the input query using predetermined keywords associated with different question types. This mapping allows the system to identify the user’s requirements.
The AI model has been trained with reinforcement learning from human feedback. This helps it compose responses in a dialogue format — and some of the information it produces that is intended to help farmers include:
- Livestock and animal health: Jaguza AI can help producers understand diseases and pharmaceuticals, veterinary doctors, and livestock equipment extension officers around your area.
- Chemical intelligence: Jaguza AI Assistant can help identify generic alternatives, application rates, pest and disease targets, tank mix, and nozzle suggestions.
- Input Guidance: Jaguza AI Assistant can provide guidance into the best seed varieties based on geographic region, soil type, climate, and real-time market demand, as well as herbicide, pesticide, and fungicide that will be most effective in their fields.
- Pest and disease strategies: Jaguza AI Assistant can help farmers develop strategies for dealing with common pest and disease issues, and incorporating practice management with specific products.
- General agronomic advice: Jaguza AI Assistant can provide insight on everything from irrigation to fertilization to crop rotation, providing tailored answers to farmers based on their specific circumstances.
The farmers who have basic English knowledge can easily understand the way to interact with the chatbot and gain knowledge. However, the chatbot can also respond in 14 international languages including local languages; Luganda and Lunyankore.
Jaguza Tech is an ag-tech company started and incorporated in 2017 that aims to transform the livestock farming sector by solving three major problems; the extensive loss of livestock to common diseases, livestock rustling, and the lack of proper livestock tracking and management systems — which are plaguing the sector
The enterprise transforms the sector through the development and deployment of a livestock management system that uses the Internet of Things, Data Science, and Bi data to solve problems [mentioned above] in order to strengthen food security while improving livestock production.