MTN Uganda allows its customers to borrow data bundles and airtime that they can pay at a later time. This was introduced in that if a customer has zero balance on their mobile money or airtime and they are in much need to contact/reach someone, they have now the power to borrow from MTN. This can help you in these times of Covid-19 and lockdowns,
Unlike other services like MTN Mokash where you incur an interest, with borrowing data or airtime, you don’t. You on the other hand don’t get payment deadlines, and so you can pay back at any time by crediting your account. However, to be eligible to borrow, you have to meet the telco’s minimum standards that are often maxed at having an active account for the past 3 months.
Here is how you can borrow airtime and data on MTN
- Dial *146#
- Choose your preferred Airtime amount to borrow
- Once you select a preferred amount, your account will be credited with the requested airtime figure.
- DONE: To check for your airtime balance dial *131#
- Dial *146#
- From the list of options, select option 5 (Borrow Data Bundle)
- Then, From the list of Data offers, choose your preferred data bundle
- Once selected, your account will be topped up with the data offer
- DONE: To check your remaining data balance, dial *131# or *150*1*4*1#