Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”), a leading telecommunications service provider with operations in 20 countries across South Asia and Africa, today announced plans to launch the new BlackBerry® Z10 smartphone powered by BlackBerry® 10 across Africa.
The new BlackBerry Z10 is the first smartphone based on the re-designed, re-engineered and re-invented BlackBerry 10 platform, giving customers a powerful and unique new mobile computing experience. The BlackBerry Z10 smartphone is the fastest and most advanced BlackBerry smartphone yet, and offers customers a smarter experience that continuously adapts to their needs.
The BlackBerry Z10 has already been launched in Nigeria and will become available from Airtel stores across Africa over the next few weeks. The new smartphone will be supported by Airtel’s data bundles, designed specifically with the BlackBerry Z10 customer in mind.
“Airtel prides itself in offering the market the latest and most innovative new products and services; this enables our customers access to the latest technology and the widest range of innovative services at a reasonable cost,” said Andre Beyers, Chief Marketing Officer, Airtel Africa.
The BlackBerry Z10 smartphone combined with Airtel’s network and service plans gives customers a great communication experience, including easy access to social networks like Facebook and Twitter, and of course the hugely popular BlackBerry Messenger.
With BlackBerry 10, very feature, every gesture, and every detail is designed to keep customers moving and includes advancements such as:
- Peek and Flow into the BlackBerry® Hub – A new mobile computing paradigm where what matters to customers is always only one swipe away.
- Keyboard – Understands and adapts to customers, so they can type faster and more accurately.
- BBM™ (BlackBerry® Messenger) – Allows customers to share things with the people that matter to them in an instant. BBM in BlackBerry 10 includes voice calling and video chat, and introduces the ability to share your screen with another BlackBerry 10 contact.
- Time Shift – An astonishing camera feature that lets a customer capture a group shot where everyone is smiling with their eyes wide open.
- BlackBerry® Balance™ technology – Protects what is important to customers and the businesses they work for by separating and securing work applications and data from personal content.