The NTF IV Uganda in partnership with the Kampala Innovation Week (KIW) are looking for 10 innovative early-stage startups to showcase their businesses at NTF IV Investor Day which will be held during this year’s Kampala Innovation Week (KIW2020).
The call is for only Ugandan based tech-enabled solution/startups already on the market with plans of expansion — that will pitch to foreign investors at KIW2020.
KIW is the largest gathering of the Startup Ecosystem in Uganda. After three (3) years, KIW2020 will be held virtually under the theme “Recovery, Resilience: Innovation and Entrepreneurship as a tool for the youth”, this is due to the outbreak of the Covid-19 virus that was declared pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO).
In partnership with ITC, the NTF IV Investor Day, which is a central component of Startup Uganda’s efforts to support early-stage tech startups to connect with foreign investors, will be held on November 28th 2020. This is an exclusive opportunity to innovators and startup founders to showcase/ introduce their startups to everyone who is in Africa’s early-stage investment space.
Applicants applying for this opportunity will be selected according to the criteria below and only successful ones will be announced by Startup Uganda;
- The startup has a product or service that is already available on the market and serving its first customers (Working product).
- Your startup must have a highly scalable business model which is visible through a growing number of customers or transactions.
- The product or service provided by the startup is clearly innovative and/or the business model is new and disruptive.
- The startup is seeking seed investment in the range of USD$500,000 (roughly UGX1.8 billion) to USD$2 million (roughly UGX7.4 billion).
Interested Startup Founders can apply (FOLLOW THIS LINK) not later than October 30th 2020.
On the other hand, KIW has also through their ‘My Start Up Story Campaign’, organized some awards to highlight and reward startups that embody their theme: “Innovation, Recovery and Resilience.”
The awards have six different sectors; Agriculture, Health, Education, Communication, Energy and the Creative Industries. With only a total of 30 nominee slots, applicants can send through their submissions online via the link not later than October 31st 2020.
How to participate for the awards;
- Recording a 1 minute video, highlighting your startup story and the ways in which you have adapted to COVID-19.
- Post on your social media and tag KIW in your posts using the hashtag #mystartupstory.
The campaign comes with prizes including; free social media marketing on the Startup Uganda and KIW Channels, SafeBoda Credit worth UGX100,000 and Google & Amazon Credit worth USD$20,000 (roughly UGX7,4548,000) from Outbox Hub to mention but a few.