Shell Uganda yesterday introduced its own online shopping platform; Click to Connect or Deliver, to allow its customers shop products from any of their select participating stations. The participating shell stations include; Bugolobi, Kireka, Gayaza, Kasangati, Kira Road, Najjera, Kabalagala, Ntinda, Bunga, and Lugogo.
Customers can order from any of the 10 participating shell stations and delivered to their door steps or pick the products themselves. In other-words, customers can choose to pick their own products after order or have them delivered to their door steps. Shell however says they’re following COVID-19 safety standards and procedures, so customers are expected to follow the required procedures when they collect their essentials.
Need a safe way to shop during the period?
Introducing our safe and easy cashless solution to help you stock up on essentials. Visit https://t.co/eegLjnGRd1 to see participating Shell stations and place your order.#StaySafe #ClicktoCollectOrDeliver pic.twitter.com/ypiEpNkKZk
— Shell Uganda (@Shell_Uganda) June 22, 2020
This is all focused on making their customers’ lives easier especially in this on-going crisis, the outbreak of COVID-19. With countries implementing lockdowns and stay at home guideline, eCommerce stores have taken off by storm as it is the preferred way to get essentials.
How to get started and shop
- Open any preferred browser and navigate to the URL, https://www.clicktocollect.store/ug/ to get started with the shopping.
- On the left panel lists the shell stations to shop from, therefore select your nearest station.
- You can choose products from Alcoholic & Non-Alcoholic Beverages, Dry Groceries, Bakery, Personal Care, Baby Products, and Pharmacy, and add to your cart.
- Once your done with selecting your products, proceed to checkout. Enter your email address which will be used to send you order status updates. And accept the Terms and Conditions to proceed.
- Select how you would like to receive your order. You can have them shipped to your preferred address or pick the order yourself.
- Choose on when to have your products delivered.
- Conclude making the order by choosing your preferred payment option. For the security of the money transactions, payments on the platform are securely powered by African payment gateway DPO Group.
- Place your order and you will receive a confirmation email.
Orders should be made between 10AM and 4PM while Pick ups/Collection are between 11AM to 5PM.