Uber Connect is Safeboda’s Product Delivery Alternative
Uber Connect is Safeboda’s product delivery alternative when it comes to the ride-hailing business. There are other modes of delivering products/packages but here we are considering the ride-hailing business.
Uber Connect is a new launched feature in the Uber app that allows transportation of packages to their destination. Uber is piloting the feature to keep friends and family connected during this time of physical distancing.
The option is now available in more than 25 cities including; Kampala (Uganda).
Whether it’s a care package, a board game, or an extra roll of much-needed toilet paper, you can send it by requesting “Uber Connect” in the Uber app. It’s a cost effective same-day, no-contact delivery solution that keeps people feeling close, even when we’re apart.
The feature is launched at a time the world is battling the declared pandemic; covid-19 — the coronavirus.
Safeboda had leveraged the product delivery in this ride-hailing business in Uganda, and now Uber follows up to offer the same service for its customers. This divides the business, and not making it only one-sided.
“During this crisis, we have been working around the clock to find innovative ways to leverage our technology to assist consumers to move essential care packages while also enhancing earnings opportunities for drivers on our platform,” Aaron Tindiseega, Country Manager for Uber in Uganda said in a press statement.
How it works:
- Well package the items to be sent in a sealed box or bag, wiping down surfaces with disinfectant.
- Tell your driver-partner ‘Where to?’ in your Uber app.
- Choose Uber Connect as the ride.
- Follow the notifications: You’ll get notifications providing instructions on how to help ensure a smooth pickup and when your driver-partner is arriving, just as you would with an UberX trip. As you see the car approach in the app, you should head outside and load your item into the car boot.
- Share the trip status with up to 5 people in your contact list. Unless it’s a surprise gift, one of these should be the recipient so they can easily monitor the delivery’s progress.