Are you updating to the new iPhone? If yes then you will have to transfer your data. This a complex and time taking process. Following we are giving you three guidelines for how to do it successfully. So, read carefully!
Note: In case this feature is complex, then use a third-party option like iSkySoft. It’s easy to use and comes with a brief guide
A built-in feature of iCloud, you can use the sync feature to save data across different devices using the same account. Use to make sure all the device has unique information the next time you are about to update. Make sure you select the “Contacts Tab” when synching. Follow these steps to do it:
- Assure both iPhones are signed into the same Apple ID and are connected via Wi-Fi.
- Click on settings.
- If you have iOS 9, then open Cloud and skip step 6.
- If you have iOS 10 or later, then you have to tap your name at the top of the screen.
- Tap iCloud.
- Open the old phones and contacts, assure the contacts slider is moved to on/green. This updates the contacts into the newer device. If they are not already updated, then you will need to take some time to load them all.
- Now repeat these steps in the new device.
- A popup will emerge asking you to merge the data when you move the contact slider to green; you will need to click yes on it.
- Now the contacts will be downloaded from iCloud to new device. Just wait a few moments, and you will be done.
If you are having trouble syncing your device, then you can try to restore the data using iCloud Backup. iCloud lets you create a backup of all your data in the device. You have to connect the new device to your old ID for how to transfer contacts from iphone to iphone. To do that, you have to follow these simple steps:
- Assure you are connected to WiFi, this update will be a big one, so be careful.
- Go to settings on old iPhone, if you use iOS 9 or previous ten skip 6th step.
- If you use iOS 10 or later, then tap your name on top of the screen, and tap iCloud. Now go to iCloud Backup and move the slider to on or green.
- Your device will no update the data to iCloud including your contacts this process will take some time. You might have to upgrade your iCloud account if you run out of storage space.
- You have to follow the standard procedure when it comes to set up your new iPhone. When you go to Apps and Data, you will be required to select a restore option from iCloud Backup. Just follow the onscreen prompts and restore your data without any issue.
This an ideal solution if you need to transfer contacts from iPhone to another iPhone. There are a lot of users who prefer iTunes while you transfer contacts because they come right from Apple. This takes care of your device manager. Following, we are going to mention the steps you will need to transfer contacts from one device to another.
Connect Source iPhone
You will need to download the most recent version of iTunes. Install it and launch the software. Once the software is prepped, you better connect the iPhone to your computer. iTunes will detect it.
You have to click on Device Option and select the iPhone. You need to select Summary Option and choose Computer and Backup Now. It will back up your data and contacts on your PC
You have to target the PC and select the Summary option in iTunes software. You will need to select Restore Backup option, browse and select the latest backup folder. Choose Restore Option and get your data back.
If the ways mentioned above are a way to complex for you, then you can use a third-party app. iSkySoft is an iPhone app that helps you deal with other issues like data transfer, data recovery, and malware. Download this app, and you can even transfer whatsapp from iphone to android.