God bless Twitter. It’s there for us in our times of boredom and, more importantly, during our times of excitement.
And none more so than during the Premier League season when all manner of exciting things happen…and we all take to Twitter to talk about it.
But what have been the most talked about moments of the 2014/15 season on the social media platform? Well, we can now reveal all.
The fine folks at Twitter have crunched the numbers (and there are a lot of them) and have come up with the most talked about moments of what’s been an action packed Premier league season.
So, without further ado, here we go…
The three moments during the season that generated the largest spikes in Tweets per minute were… (drum roll)
1. Juan Mata’s bicycle kick goal for Man United at Liverpool in March
Yep, the little Spaniard’s brilliant goal was the most talked about moment of the Premier League season, and it’s hard to argue with that.
2. Robin van Persie’s equaliser in the 1-1 draw with Chelsea in October
3. Chelsea striker Didier Drogba’s opening goal in that same game
But there’s more! The Twitter bods have calculated some of the other big talking points of the season and here they are.
Most tweeted matches
5. Chelsea 2-0 Arsenal – October 5th 2014
4. Manchester United 1-1 Chelsea – October 26th 2014
3. Manchester United 4-2 Manchester City – April 12th 2015
2. Manchester United 3-0 Liverpool – December 14th 2014
1. Liverpool 1-2 Manchester United – March 22nd 2015
The ten managers that have been discussed the most on Twitter
10. Harry Redknapp
9. Mauricio Pochettino
8. Ronald Koeman
7. Tim Sherwood
6. Alan Pardew
5. Manuel Pellegrini
4. Brendan Rodgers
3. Arsene Wenger
2. Louis Van Gaal
1. Jose Mourinho
The most followed Premier League teams
5. Manchester City (@MCFC) – 2.5 million followers
4. Liverpool (@LFC) – 4.3 million followers
3. Manchester United (@ManUtd) – 5.1 million followers
2. Chelsea (@ChelseaFC) – 5.6 million followers
1. Arsenal (@Arsenal) – 5.8 million followers
Via Mirror UK