The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonize and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
The Data EXIM Officer will coordinate and manage data from and to district field offices while ensuring that this data is consistent with required formats. The Data Import/Export officer will be responsible for importing registration data from the field into the central system and exporting issuance data and feedback from the central system to the district servers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Data EXIM Officer receives data from District level field offices
- Checks data coming from the field for quality control
- Works closely with Field Officers to ensure accuracy of data submitted to headquarters
- Imports quality checked data to the main central system
- The incumbent preparesinformation to be dispensed to Internal and External stake holders of NIRA as authorized
- The Data EXIM Officer exports quality checked data from central system to the field offices
- Maintains stock of the removable and flash disks used to transfer data to and from the field offices
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Manager MIS.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Data EXIM Officer job vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors inInformation Technology or Computer Science or Software Engineering
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in a reputable public or private organization
- Previous experience working in handling and transferring data between media
- Keen attention to detail
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Application Deadline is 24th August, 2016