Kabale University (KAB) was established as a not-for-profit community institution in 2002 and it has transformed from a private into a public University. Kabale University is, therefore, a unique institution, enjoying the status of being the first ever institution of its kind in Uganda, to metamorphose from private to public – and having been granted a Charter – the last stage of accreditation by the Uganda National Council for Higher Education.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Senior Systems Administrator should preferably hold a Masters degree in either Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Systems Engineering or Computer Mathematics from a recognized institution.
- Professional certification in at least two of the following: Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) – Data Platform or Business Intelligence, IBM Certified Database Administrator (ICDA), Oracle Database Certification (ODC), CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA), CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Certified Network Associate (CAN), Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC), Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE).
- At least five years experience operating in an IT environment, two (2) of which should have been at a supervisory level in an ICT management position of a reputable institution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Possess good training and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively supervise a multi-skilled technical team.
- Ability to manage server virtualization technologies and have a good understanding of LAN/ WAN networking.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications in envelopes clearly indicating the position applied for, with copies of detailed typed Curriculum Vitae, giving full details of applicants education and qualifications, work experience, present salary, postal and telephone contacts, names and telephone contacts of three referees, and copies of transcripts and certificates, should be sent to:
The University Secretary
P.O Box 317 Kabale, Uganda.
Deadline: 27th December 2016