Google Play Distribution Data Shows Android Nougat Present on 7.1% Active Devices

Google updates its Google Play distribution data, providing figures for the seven-day period ending Tuesday, May 2, 2017. The data shows the company’s latest operating system; the Android 7.0 and 7.1 Nougat running on 7.1% of active devices.

The latest figures according to their Android Developers blog reveal that the Android Nougat-based devices logging into the store are slowly rising, while devices running Android Marshmallow are still running on over 30% devices.

The latest distribution numbers confirm that Android 7.0 and 7.1 Nougat are now present on 6.6% and 0.5% devices respectively (combined makes it 7.1% active devices). The new figures are up from 4.9% from last month’s data and a significant improvement from March’s data which stood at 2.8%.

Notably, Marshmallow has a total share of 31.2% which is same as last month data. Meanwhile the Android Nougat adoption sees the older Android versions are slowly dropping in numbers.

On the other hand, the latest OpenGL version distribution numbers, on the other hand, saw OpenGL v3.0 at 43.5%, OpenGL v2.0 at 38.3%, and OpenGL v3.1 at 18.2%. OpenGL v2.0 showed a decline compared to last month data which showed it at 40.4% while OpenGL v3.0 and v3.1 showed an increase from 42.3% and 17.3% respectively.

Back to top button
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Adblock Detected

Please disable your adblocker to continue accessing this site.