One of world’s biggest smartphone maker; Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd had a rough ending last year after many Samsung Galaxy Note 7 holders reported their phablets exploding in flames. However, the smartphone makers says they are seeking to put behind one of the biggest product safety failures in tech history as they prepare to launch their Galaxy S8.
At the Mobile World Congress which is currently held in Barcelona for three (3) days, the South Korean-based Electronics firm, during its keynote session confirmed that Galaxy Unpacked 2017 will be held on March 29th, where the company is expected to unveil the successor of the Samsung Galaxy S7. However, according to multiple reports, claim that the phablets will go on sale by April 21st. There were no mention whether it will be global or selected parts of the world.
The Galaxy S8 is expected to be the company’s comeback smartphone, as its said to come in 5-inch and 6-inch variants, having a large infinity display, and will sport a dual-edge curved display putting the flat screen variant trend to rest. The predecessor of the Galaxy S-series; Samsung Galaxy S7 had a flat screen and it will be the last to have it.
Basing on rumors, one of the feature we’re waiting to see is if the firm is really getting rid of its 3.5mm headphone jack to join the likes of Apple’s iPhone 7, Motorola’s Moto Z, and LeEco’s Le Pro 3. Aside from ditching the Headphone Jack, other reports claim that the firm might also abandon the Home Button while the front camera might feature an auto-focus.
Teasing the launch event, Samsung wrote in its official invite;
“On March 29, Samsung Electronics will unveil the newest Galaxy as part of its endeavour to unbox your phone.”
The invite further said, “The forthcoming addition to the Galaxy line-up represents the start of a new era, by reshaping the device that has over the years become an indispensable tool in our everyday lives.”
Samsung’s Galaxy Unpacked 2017 event will be live-streamed on the company’s website.[related-posts]