The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonize and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, Data Processing and Production
The Senior Registration Officer – Identity Cards will manage card-related registration process of clients for the purposes of obtaining National Identity Cards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offers technical guidance and logistical support to citizens and non-citizens enrollment and registration offices, manages and oversees operations of the personalization and data centers
- Manages all technical aspects necessary for effective identification of citizens and non-citizen residents
- Manages and supervises the registration processes through initiation and authorization of communication and correspondence, preparation of reports and certification of enrollment, registration and issuance of national identity cards
- Supervises and ensures appropriate use of the biometric dataprocessing system for verification and identification of physical characteristics for enrolled and registered persons
- Ensures that enrollment and registration work plans, work methods, processes and procedures are efficient and cost effective
- Carries out research and surveys to determine realistic threats to the person identification system, ensures its security and prevents the misuse of data embedded in the biometric system
- Coordinates with relevant departments to analyze biometric data for performance evaluation
- Manages the use of quality assurance manual and electronic registration processes, statutory requirements and issues notices for compliance and enforcement
- Ensures that applicants’ records are backed up on flash disks and removable hard drives and safely delivered to the headquarters for processing.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Manager, Data Processing and Production
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and RegistrationAuthority (NIRA) Senior Registration Officer – Identity Cards job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree with honors in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer engineering, Information Systems Management or related field from a recognized institution
- Knowledge in Biometric Identification is an added advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in the fields of registration and operations in a reputable organization, two (2) years of which are at supervisory level.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Flexibility to react effectively to unforeseen circumstances
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Good analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to lead and motivate teams
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline of Submission is 3rd August, 2016