DFCU bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Director
The Chief Information and Operating Officer (CIOO) will be responsible for leading, strategic planning, risk management, organising, and controlling all the day-today operational and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) activities of the bank. The incumbent will be a key member of the Executive Committee and will oversee seven key units.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will develop and implement effective IT solutions to enable the Bank compete in new innovative ways and make technology a key source of competitive advantage for the Bank;
- Drive automation and process efficiency in both front and back office;
- The jobholder will also develop and monitor the approved annual operating and capital budgets for operations and IT systems;
- Develop and maintain the systems architecture, defining standards and protocols for data exchange, communications, software and interconnection of the Bank’s network information systems;
- Coordinate and control all projects related to selection, acquisition, development and installation of major information and operations systems for the Bank;
- Develop and maintain the Bank’s IT corporate policies and standards aimed at maximizing effectiveness and minimising costs related to the acquisition, implementation and operation of IT systems and enhancing banking operations efficiencies;
- Provide professional advice on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of information systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems;
- Maintain contact with IT suppliers and maintain knowledge of current technology, equipment, prices and terms of agreements to minimise the investment required to meet established service levels;
- Develop efficient and effective system controls throughout the Bank covering both financial and non-financial controls;
- Develop and maintain business recovery plans in the event of power failure, damage to systems, and/or operational failures;
- Develop effective compliance programs I hat meet statutory, regulatory and customer requirements to ensure that appropriate standards of conduct are established and complied with;
- Ensure overall security of the Bank including all banking systems.
- Build and lead effective and cohesive teams that support business continuity;
- Set performance targets for the various teams and monitor performance of these teams;
- Build, strengthen and manage relationships with vendors for sales services and support all information systems and technology;
- Take overall responsibility for the Procurement and Logistics departments and ensure effective business partnering models to support the various business units.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Chief Information and Operating Officer (CIOO) job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in ICT. Possession of a Master’s Degree in ICT. A professional qualification in banking, procurement and a certification in project management will be an added advantage;
- A minimum of ten years’ experience preferably in the financial services industry, 5 of which should have been in a Senior Management position;
- Broad background in IT and banking operations development processes, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies and monitoring and evaluation;
- Broad knowledge, understanding and experience of the general core banking systems including banking operations and procedures;
- Previous experience in joint procurement, supplier management market testing and outsourcing as well as negotiating quality and cost-effective services;
- Excellent track record in business process analysis and automation;
- Proven track record in effective implementation of projects, change management and benefits realisation of large IT projects;
- Previous exposure and experience in business continuity management and the development of business recovery plans;
- Previous experience in leadership with proven ability to lead multidisciplinary teams and interact effectively at all levels.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated resumes to email@example.com
Deadline of Submission is Friday, 15th July 2016