The Systems Administrator will be responsible for the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of the various ICT technologies managed by UCU’s Information Technology Department.
The incumbent will administer and maintain UCU’s technology applications infrastructure including the overall server management of software applications, security monitoring, troubleshooting, storage/file management, all network resources administration, email administration, and regular backups.
The Systems Administrator will assist in assessing and identifying all appropriate software and hardware applications to be integrated into UCU’s infrastructure and make recommendations for implementation.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer active directory, preferably Open LDAP.
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, and intrusion detection systems.
- Administer enterprise mail servers in Open-source environment (Linux/UNIX).
- Maintenance of IP services like DNS, Web servers, Internet Gateways, all based on Linux/UNIX.
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Ensure that the design of all systems allows all components to work properly together.
- Ensure efficiency and availability of all Management Information Systems.
- Maintain network and system security as well as perform security updates and patches.
Qualifications, Skills and experience:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Computer Engineering from a recognized institute of learning.
- Must have at least two (2) years of work experience in a busy environment.
- Professional certifications in MCSE, CCNA will be an added advantage.
- Must be a mature & committed Christian.
- Good knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP networking is an added advantage.
- Experience in thin client computing and Virtualization.
- Experience in setting up and administering digital library services.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Windows Server administration.
- Knowledge of VoIP functionality is an added advantage.
How to Apply;
Send two (2) copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three references.
Attach two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts to: The Manager of Human Resource & Administration Uganda Christian University Pilkington Building P.O. Box 4, Mukono Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline of Submission is Friday 22nd July 2016 by 5.00 pm