About the Company:
Kaymu is the leading online marketplace and the safest platform in Uganda. It is active in over 17 countries in Africa (e.g. Uganda, Nigeria, Kenya, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Ghana…). Kaymu connects buyers and sellers and allows them to take advantage of the best deals on an extensive range of products including electronics, books, fashion items, gadgets and even grocery products. Thanks to a fixed price system, users are guaranteed to find the lowest price on the market.
Kaymu Uganda’s aim is to empower local entrepreneurs and individuals to do business, as well as to make shopping accessible for everyone, everywhere. Shop owners or individuals who want to sell their items can create an account on the website and list their products online. Buyers have access to thousands of products they can purchase by placing an order via the website or the Kaymu app.
1. Managing the company’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp etc)
- Schedule posts on each platform.
- Develop content to appeal to our target market.
- Prepare weekly reports on social media engagement and success rates.
- Help identify opportunities that will grow our social media following.
- Reply to customer inquiries / comments.
- Place orders for followers who request you to do so.
- Help develop visual content and campaign ideas for online marketing.
2. Public Relations
- Research key events taking place in Uganda that Kaymu would benefit from attending to raise brand awareness
- Research key influencers in Uganda that Kaymu would benefit from partnering with
- Research key bloggers in Uganda that Kaymu would benefit from partnering
3. Brand Building
- Interact with potential Kaymu buyers and sellers (both online and offline).
- Ask users for feedback, either directly or by polling.
- Take part in street marketing activities e.g. handing out flyers at malls, campuses.
- Be an enthusiastic brand ambassador for Kaymu i.e. represent the brand in our partner’s stores and at events (introduce them to Kaymu, promote our latest deals and teach them how to use the website/app).
- Ensure we always have enough flyers and voucher cards available.
- Assist in event planning.
- Ensure events run smoothly.
- Has marketing-related degree or diploma.
- Experience using Facebook for business, Twitter, Instagram and Whatsapp.
- Competent in all computer packages: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint plus Photoshop.
- Extremely driven, confident and creative.
- Organised and can manage time well.