Yo Uganda Limited (Yo!) is a technology solutions company based in Uganda. Yo! develops solutions geared at delivering significant operational benefits to our customers such as increased efficiency in processes, reduced costs, accelerated growth, increased profitability. Our solutions leverage various mobile platforms such as Mobile Money, SMS, USSD and IVR to deliver value to our customers. For example, our solutions enable some of the largest businesses in Uganda accept mobile money payments through Point of Sale devices, Mobile Applications or the Web. Our customers include financial institutions, NGOs, SMEs and even individuals.
JOB OPENING: SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Yo Uganda Limited (Yo!) is looking for a Systems Administrator capable of fulfilling the roles listed below. If you fit the bill, or know anyone who does, please email email@example.com before 26th February 2016 with your resume and Salary Requirements. Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
• Setting up and maintaining VPN connections with partners
• Implementing a Centralized System for Monitoring Server Resources, with alerts for critical server resources
• Responding to and Resolving Service Outage Alerts in the Shortest Time
• Server Configurations
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
• Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted parties.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Respond to reported system emergencies in a timely fashion regardless of the day or time, and have the ability to put in the required time to resolve such emergencies.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience in installing, managing, configuring Linux systems;
• Highly proficient with Linux operating system tools such as text editors and various command line tools;
• Experience with shell scripting (awk / bash) is desired;
• Programming experience is a plus
• At least 3 years experience in a similar role in a busy environment;
Remuneration is highly competitive by industry standards along with various benefits such as health and overtime.