DFCU bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
The IT Business Analyst will be responsible for converting processes and business requirements into functional specifications used for implementation and software modeling of new implementation requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, assess, and document business requirements, recommending business priorities, and advising business on options, risks, and costs.
- Keenly analyze impact of proposed solution across the business, develop use cases, functional specification and source to target mappings to explain/demonstrate business requirements/specifications to IT team, and contribute a business or process perspective during design reviews.
- Ensure documentation of test plans and verification that the test plans are complete and comprehensive.
- Actively facilitate implementation of new functionality through training sessions, demos, and the development of appropriate documentation.
- Provide and/or create relevant test scenarios to be used in the application testing process. Evaluate existing and new software technologies in order to enhance business processes and contribute to strategic business growth.
- Significantly contribute to the development of system integration test scripts and execute testing – all to ensure the testing results correspond to the business expectations.
- Take part in the software development processes by prototyping new application requirements and designing new business process models.
- Actively participate in technical improvements of existing business applications by identifying consolidation opportunities.
- Prepare regular progress and final project reports.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Lead Systems Architect.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank IT Business Analyst job opportunity should hold a University degree in the area of Information Technology, Computer science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other mathematically inclined degree.
- At least five years’ experience in software and product development.
- Working knowledge and experience with at least two software prototyping languages such as Java, Python or C#.
- Good track record of problem solving skills in IT related projects.
- Proven ability to perform Test Driven Development to ensure robustness of new applications and transactional systems.
- Ability to perform source reviews to identity functional glitches and software bugs is an added advantage.
- Previous experience with managing and administering Linux/Unix and Windows servers.
- Prior exposure and experience in writing technical documentation is a must.
- Ability to perform technical assessment of management information systems (review of needs, data quality and data security).
- Strong understanding of database design and implementation techniques using MYSQL/MS SQL Server or Oracle.
- Excellent analytical, attention to detail and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Strong sense of responsibility, commitment and drive to consistently lead high quality standards of work.
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 6th July 2016