The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is positioning itself to be the Social Security Provider of Choice in Uganda. Our belief at the Fund is that each employee contributes directly to the growth and success of the business and each employee is expected to take pride in being a member of the team.
The Information Technology Project Manager will offer support to the I.T. department through planning, organising staff, overseeing and controlling the I.T projects & initiatives in line with the Fund’s strategic plan through provision of project management service on assigned project(s).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Following and applying the Fund’s project governance, standards, and methodologies as defined by Project Management Office (PMO) in the delivery of projects,
- Work closely with product owners and other departments and or / sections across the Fund to ensure a synergistic and coordinated approach to the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Ensure that all activities and projects undertaken are completed and implemented on time and within budget.
- Ensure that all the proposed work is not being duplicated in other projects/work requests.
- Working in liaison with all members of the project team to ensure successful project implementation.
- Ensuring successful Post Implementation Evaluation (PIE) reviews.
- In charge of organizing regular meetings to discuss and obtain j feedback on projects in order to monitor progress and ensure successful and timely implementation.
- Escalating any concerns as quickly as possible to all relevant stakeholders, mainly respective steering committees and Executive Management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science or any other related degree.
- Possession of post graduate qualification in Project management.
- Past experience in IT and Business project management, contract management & tender processes.
- At least three years’ experience in project management.
- Desired qualifications i.e. ITIL, CoBIT, Prince 2 / PMP, ISO21500:2012 Standards.
- Significant experience in leadership or management of team experience
- Broad knowledge and understanding of nature, culture, operations and tactical priorities of project management office
- Broad knowledge of company strategies and tactical plans
- Working knowledge and understanding of electronic presentation tools in preparation of communication documentation & Business case documentation
- Project planning documentation analysis and tracking
- Computer literacy skills with emphasis on project management packages, MS project or Enterprise system
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested should send copies of their application letters, academic credentials and detailed CVs addressed to the Head of Human Resources & Administration, and delivered to the Registry on 13th Floor Workers House for registration and onward transmission
Deadline of Submission is 22nd July 2016