About Numida Technologies:
Numida Technologies is a digital financial services company based in Kampala, Uganda. Our goal is to unlock financing to the 22 million African small businesses who need it. We are building a mobile application that helps entrepreneurs keep track of their finances for the purpose of making evidence based decisions.
In addition, these financial track records are channeled to lending institutions in Uganda who are looking to finance small businesses, and who require real business data about prospective borrowers.
We are launching a pilot with 200 small businesses in Kampala in 2016 that will test a core set of TrackApp features with our target user.
Responsible for implementing improvements to the app user interface based on feedback collected from the business owners who are using TrackApp.
- The assignment that we are currently recruiting for is a seven-month contract position for a Senior Mobile Web Developer.
- The individuals who will be hired for this role will be among the first recruits of Numida Technologies, and therefore will have a chance to make a significant contribution.
- The team is working on implementing an assortment of new features that need to be developed on TrackApp ahead of the pilot launch.
- You will be responsible for some of these projects. During the pilot you will be responsible for implementing improvements to the app user interface based on feedback collected from the business owners who are using TrackApp.
- The successful candidates will work closely with our CTO based out of Silicon Valley, and receive guidance and technical mentorship from him.
- He/she will also be in contact with our CEO in Kampala.
- He or she should have a demonstrated ability to work independently, as the CTO has another full time role and can only fully dedicate himself to Numida Technologies outside of his work hours.
- Daily reporting to the CTO will be required.
- A time difference of 11 hours with the CTO means that written feedback and support will often come overnight, though voice check-ins during the evenings or early mornings may be scheduled as needed.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Experience with ES6 language features is a plus.
- Experience with quality assurance and testing new app versions against multiple staging environments
- Source code control Working knowledge of git and Github is a prerequisite.
How to apply:
Submit a CV, a brief motivation letter, and copy of national ID to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “LAST_NAME, First_name – Senior Mobile Web Developer” in the email subject line.
All application materials should be in English, written directly by the candidate.
You will only be contacted if you are invited to an interview.
Deadline is Friday April 29th 2016 at 11:59 pm Uganda time.