Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is an African-led, regional organisation, working in Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Uganda, and Zambia with Board approval to expand to Ethiopia, Rwanda, Tanzania and Burundi. It brings over 25 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people, host communities and communities in urban slums.
Reporting to the Finance and Administration Director the IT Manager will be responsible for the proper management and maintenance of the ICT system within AAH-I (both at Head Quarters and regional offices/country programmes).
S/he will guide in the review, formulation and implementation of ICT policies; identification and prioritization of ICT needs; provide technical and operational advice, and coordinate the procurement and implementation of IT projects and solutions that meet business needs.
The full Job Description is available on the AAH-I website.
Qualification and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related specialized training, or equivalent work experience. ·
- Minimum 5 years of experience within the relevant IT area of work performed ·
- Technical certification in one or more IT disciplines or technology
Skills and Competence:
- Experience working on projects where complex organizational improvement initiatives have been delivered – preferably ERP integration with Bespoke Systems
- Strong negotiation skills, and experience/in depth knowledge of business requirements and IT processes.
- A strong understanding of a range of technology platforms and the skills and experience to engage with technology strategists, technical leads, project managers, architects and implementation consultants.
- Strong organisational and managerial skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- INGO experience and understanding of humanitarian sector- an added advantage.
- Commitment to and understanding of AAH-I’s vision, mission and values.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email application letter and CV (with 3 referees) addressed to email@example.com to be received by 22nd April, 2016.
The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.