Growth in smartphone and social media usage is setting the basis for all types of retail marketing trends. In a new report from BI Intelligence, we’ll look at individual trends within mobile and social media.
Some of the trends analyzed in the report, include:
- US consumers are spending the majority of their time in shopping apps rather than mobile shopping websites, according to comScore. In response, Apple recently launched a new category in its App Store called “Shopping,” which makes it easier for users to find retailers’ apps. Creating a dedicated section for retail apps is a huge benefit for brands that are looking to boost mobile app engagement, as searching the App Store is the No. 1 way users discover new apps.
- Many beacon programs went mainstream during the holidays this year. The rise of mobile shopping apps has served as a proxy for proximity-based marketing systems such as beacons. Usage of shopping apps on tablets and smartphones increased 174% in 2014 more than any other app category, according to app analytics company Flurry. Merchant adoption during such a critical time of the year for retail shows just how useful the devices are proving themselves to be.
The full report also looks at:
- Mobile commerce growth
- The types of brands and retailers benefiting from beacon usage
- How Facebook is driving social commerce actions
- The resurgence of affiliate marketing
Follow the link to find out how to access the full report.