Orange Uganda has today launched the 4th technology expo in Uganda at the UMA exhibition hall in Kampala. The EXPO will run from Thursday 17th to 20th October between 9am and 7am daily.
The EXPO this year aims at showcasing Orange Uganda as the best all round telecom operator in Uganda, providing the best quality services to complement our customers’ mobile lifestyle. The focus will be on motivating customers to learn more and buy Orange products and services at amazing prices.
This year, customers will:
- enjoy fun filled hands on experience with the different devices, content and innovative products and services
- enjoy online gaming, free Wi-Fi, watch the latest movies in 3D, foosball, kids’ games, etc
- buy exciting and new devices at special discounts of up to 40%
- win instant prizes during the ‘spot the Orange Mascot’ times, gaming competitions, spin the wheel and in the sample dem area.
Some of the events highlights will include:
- Spot the Orange Mascot. The audience will get surprise visits by the Orange Mascot who will be dressed in a unique attire at any of the experiential areas at any random times in the day. He / She will ask questions related to activities at the Orange Expo and the targeted visitors with the correct answers will win instant incredible prizes.
- Free calling tunes and mobile portal content will be given to visitors in the sample dem area. We can invite popular FM station DJs,
- Free viewing at the 3D cinema at specific times of the day.
- Competitions in the gaming area. (Foosball and Coke connect by Coca-Cola.)
- Free Wi-Fi access in the internet area.
- Spin the wheel to win prizes for those who buy devices worth 100,000/- and above.
- Launch of Matatu mobile application, Huawei Ascend P6 or Nokia Lumia 925, etc.
- Entertainment by popular local artists and comedians during the evening hours every day starting from 7pm
Orange has got a selection of strategic partners who will showcase their new innovative products and services. The partners will also provide experiential device demo tables and customer care support if any to the audience. These include; Nokia, Samsung, Alcatel, ZTE, Huawei. Acer, Briketti. Payway /African Vending systems. Intel, Barefoot power, HTC, Infinity computers & Communications company.
Entrance to the expo will be free.
The public is encouraged to come and enjoy various activities that will be taking place.