- Reproductive Health
- Gender relations
- Population growth
The coverage should relate population factors to socio-economic development and challenges in the various sectors. The submitted entries should have run or been published in Uganda between August 2, 2012 and August 2, 2013.
Guidelines for submissions:
- All entries should be clearly marked with entrant’s name, media House, email address and phone number.
- Journalists should show proof that their submissions were aired or published. Electronic media entrants must clearly indicate the date and time the piece was aired. For print entries, the name and date of the publication should be visible.
- Non-English entries should be accompanied with an English translation.
- Electronic entries should not exceed 5 minutes per item and must include a short script summarizing the submitted content.
- Number of submitted entries per journalist should not exceed three.
- Electronic submissions should be on VCD, DVD or audio CD.
- Online and social media category entries should be printed out in hard copy and clearly indicate the web address and date when the article was published.
Categories to be awarded:
- Radio (upcountry)
- Television (Regional)
- Print (English language)
- Print (Local language)
- Online and social media category
The deadline for submission of entries is September 6, 2013. Entries clearly labeled “Media Awards 2013” can be posted or physically delivered to: The Population Secretariat Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development Statistics House, 2nd floor 9 Colville Street P.O. Box 2666, Kampala (Uganda). Tel: 0414705400, Fax: 0414705454.