About eResources Uganda:
eResources Uganda is a Consultancy firm that seeks to recruit for its valuable client, a national and indigenous Non-Governmental Organization working to improve the quality of life and sustainable livelihoods of the poor and vulnerable groups in Uganda while building a sustainable future.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, configure or calibrate ICT devices, operating systems and applications.
- Provide IT technical support and train staff on, among others, data management; IT security protocols; disaster recovery techniques and use of existing or newly installed IT hardware or software.
- Install and maintain synchronized internal network links and between the Head Office and its Stakeholders as well as supporting the roll-out of new applications.
- Regularly monitor and maintain as well as advise on IT security protocols, systems and networks.
- Establish and maintain user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges, security and Backup of data including responding within agreed time limits to call-outs.
- Maintain inventory of IT hardware/software and other resources including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Regularly monitor network activity (Local Area Network and Wider Area Network), implementation of IT programs/ projects and compliance to the organizations IT systems standards.
- Establish and manage a database of the organizations knowledge, technology and innovations.
- Keenly review and update strategies for communication, promotion and branding of the organization.
- Implement publicity and communications strategies aimed at enhancing the visibility and visual identity of the organization, its projects, enhancing relationships with its partners and networks (including social media) and fostering knowledge sharing.
- Implement Production of the organizations Newsletter and related publications such as Working Document series.
- Develop information material that includes handouts, brochures, annual reports, press releases, magazines, newsletters, multimedia programs, videos and films.
- Work in liaison with different the activities update the organizations website.
- Compile and update record of contacts including the contacts staff, and networks.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Volunteer, IT job opportunity should hold a Degree in IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Administration, Information Systems or equivalent, Web Programming, Software Development as well as Database Administration and Management.
- A minimum of three years experience in IT work and Analytical thinking.
- Proven ability to develop applications, analyze ICT processes and troubleshoot ICT systems.
- Ability to manage ICT information and application protection platforms.
How to apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline of Submission is Friday 27th May, 2016.
NB: The applicants should quote the reference number and job title applied for. Only short listed candidates will be contacted and any form of soliciting may lead to disqualification.