Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Trade Industry and Cooperatives mandated to coordinate the elaboration of standards and quality of products and services so as to facilitate fair trade, promote local industries and protect consumers.
The Manager ICT will mainly develop and implement Information and Communication Technologies strategy that will enable UNBS stakeholders to access information and tools required for UNBS’ operations and services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement ICT policy and strategy that will contribute towards UNBS’s strategic goals and enterprise resource management.
- The jobholder will design, implement and maintain software systems, ensure performance, reliability and ease of use.
- Design, develop and maintain the corporate website and UNBS presence on social media.
- Design, implement and maintain hardware systems and networks, ensuring performance reliability and business continuity.
- Ensure that professional ICT support is provided to internal stakeholders to maximise their capacity to use ICT in support of their work and in particular the provision of e-services.
- The incumbent will maintain server functions for email, internet, databases, file storage and administration.
- Maintain security of UNBS critical data.
- Carry out quarterly assessments of IT security risks in UNBS and ensure compliance with appropriate international Information security standards and procedures.
- Plan, budget, and procure ICT related equipment and supervise their maintenance.
- Coordinate and drive the Bureau’s performance management system and development of staff under the Department to ensure efficient performance and productivity of UNBS.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual ICT reports and statistics.
- Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor/or management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold an Honours degree Computer Science and a Masters in either, Information Technology or Computer Engineering from a recognized University/Institution.
- Possession of a professional qualification in either CCNA, Microsoft MCSE 2000, CompTiA
Server+, MCSA, MCDBA, MCITP, Exchange Server, CITRIX, HP Professional and other relevant qualifications.
- At least ten years’ experience, five (5) years of which are at a senior level in a reputable organization.
- Member of a recognized professional body is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High integrity, innovative, creative and self-driven.
- Good planning, monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Working knowledge of developing ERP systems.
- Good problem solving and decision making.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Skills in system installation and management; Network design, management and security; Network monitoring; support and service delivery; and Server configurations.
- Skills in documentation and information management.
How to Apply:
All qualified applicants should send their applications together with attached copies of all academic qualifications, copies of valid identity cards and detailed CVs with mobile telephone numbers indicated, names and contact details of three referees, to the;
The Executive Director of Uganda National Bureau of Standards at Plot M217 Nakawa Industrial Area, P.O Box 6329, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline for submission is 10th May 2016 by 4:00pm.