The number of users of dating sites and applications is increasing daily. People use dating apps to meet new people, make friends, or meet the love of their life. According to Wikipedia, every third Internet user has used such online platforms at least once in their life. The male-to-female ratio on dating sites is approximately 50:50.
How effective is such a dating format?
Firstly, it is worth saying that about 17% of modern marriages begin with online dating and 20% of those who are in a serious relationship started it online. True, it is worth clarifying here that in this case, we are talking about traditional dating sites/applications and other communication formats such as social networks, instant messengers, various thematic forums, and so on.
Although we assumed that 17% of marriages begin with dating on specialized dating sites and apps, this is still not enough. However, in reality, the percentage is much less. Also, it is very important to understand why this is happening.
Dating sites and apps are not interested in you finding love
When you see the latest dating app ad or read someone else’s love story online, it’s easy to be tempted. After all, many popular dating services promise some kind of unique algorithm and the ability to find the perfect match for you in just a few hours. However, everything is not like that in practice!
Any company must bring profit to its owners. Dating sites and apps are no exception. The main source of income for them is the payment of premium features by users. Some of the income is earned from advertising, but this percentage is small. That is why it is beneficial to dating services that you stay on the site for as long as possible, pay for premium access, and continue to search for your love month after month and year after year.
This is not a joke! Thousands of people have been using dating services for years, paying for premium access, and still hoping that at some point, the app will finally find the perfect match for them. It gradually turns into a habit that takes your money and valuable time. It is getting difficult to stop using such sites and applications due to addictions. Most of them do not bring any practical benefit.
However, this is not the only disadvantage of traditional web dating. There are a few other important aspects you need to know:
- Lots of false information in user accounts: According to numerous surveys, about 80% of users of dating sites lie or underestimate themselves. Most of the time, they embellish their biography a little to look more attractive to other people. Some people do it gently, but others radically change their personalities.
- Communication is mostly in text format: Although most sites and apps have developed the video chat feature for quite some time, many users still communicate exclusively by text. This communication format does not make it possible to know the interlocutor perfectly.
- The impersonality of most people: User profiles in dating apps are similar. Look through a dozen accounts, and you most likely won’t find something that really stands out from the rest. This makes it more difficult to find the perfect match.
- Poorly performing algorithms: These algorithms work well only in advertising. In practice, they are imperfect and often mistaken, offering you to get acquainted with people who are absolutely not suitable for you. As a result, you are wasting more time.
- Lots of scammers: About 80% of users of popular dating services admit that they have come across scammers at least once in their life. Statistics show that every tenth user of dating apps is a scammer. Therefore, it is very important to take care of your own safety on the Internet.
We are not saying that you should completely abandon online dating services right now because of the disadvantages listed above. It is possible that you will not encounter these disadvantages, and your experience will be extremely positive. Nonetheless, you need to be aware of the possible risks in order to understand what to expect.
How random webcam chats solve most of the problems of dating services
Random Camchat is a website or app that connects random users via video calls. One of the first chats was Omegle which was launched in 2009 and has retained its popularity to this day. It offers the opportunity to communicate with new people for free and search for interlocutors by country, as well as by interests. Communication takes place mainly via video, which automatically eliminates most of the above disadvantages of classic web dating.
- When you communicate via video, you can immediately see and hear the interlocutor. Thus, it becomes possible to form a more correct and objective picture of a person, instead of simply believing what is written in their profile on a dating site.
- Fraud in webcam chats is a rare phenomenon when compared to dating sites and apps; this is because scammers prefer to communicate by texting and not showing their faces.
- There are no complicated algorithms here because only the selection of interlocutors is used based on the filters. This means that you do not have to rely on dubious algorithms, the principles of which you do not fully understand.
Most importantly, many cam-to-cam chats are completely free.
We offer a brief look at several popular cam chats for clarity:
- Chatspin is a random camchat with gender, geographic filters, and A\I masks that hide one’s face. It is perfect for anonymity.
- Camsurf is a live cam-to-cam chat with a gender filter and search by interests. Some features are available for a fee.
- Shagle is a simple cam chat with a gender filter and searches for interlocutors by geolocation in more than 70 countries.
- Emeraldchat is a functional cam-to-cam chat with strangers, in which each user has a karma rating. It depends on whom the system will connect you.
- RouletteChat is a minimalistic live cam chat with a gender filter.
- LuckyCrush is a random cam chat with a handy gender filter and instant message translator in the selected language.
- VChat is a classic webcam chat for meeting people from all over the world.
- Camfrog is a functional webcam and text chat in which a large number of people can communicate at the same time.
- CooMeet is a wonderful webcam chat with an error-free gender filter, a built-in text translator, and convenient applications for iOS and Android.
You should try webcam chat now!
There is no ideal online dating format — it’s a fact. Somehow, you have to put up with some disadvantages in order to enjoy certain advantages. Therefore, recommending only one dating service is simply pointless.
We advise you to compare different options and try several sites and applications in order to draw conclusions and make the right decision. Most likely, you will find several interesting sites that you will like. That’s what you should concentrate on, alternate them and use dating apps/sites to find new friends or a soul mate.
ALSO READ: DOES ONLINE DATING WORK?