Compare and Contrast: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S and Oppo A93, Which One Would you opt For?
Where would you put your money? ... on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S or Oppo A93.
We compared two mid-range smartphones: the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S against the Oppo A93. We dissect the two android-running devices: tests, full specs, strengths, and weaknesses of each of the gadgets.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S over the Oppo A93
- Water-resistant body (IP53 classification)
- Comes with 1000 mAh larger battery capacity: 5000 vs 4000 mAh
- 49% better performance in AnTuTu Benchmark (335K versus 225K)
- Slow-motion recording at 960FPS
- More recent OS version: Android 12 versus 10
- Stereo speakers
- Has a built-in infrared port
The Oppo A93 over the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S
- Newer Bluetooth version (v5.1)
- Weighs 14.8 grams less.
- Both are of AMOLED Type.
- Both are 6.43 inches in Size.
- Screen Resolution is the same 1080 x 2400 pixels, with a 20.9 Aspect ratio.
- Both have a PPI of 409 PPI and a Refresh rate of 60 Hz.
- Redmi Note 10S has a Max rated brightness of 450 nits while Oppo A93 has the same at 430 nits.
- Oppo A93 lacks the Max rated brightness in HDR while Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S has it in 1100 nits.
- They both support HDR10 and have screen protection of Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- The screen-to-body ratio gives Oppo A93 an upper hand with 84.5% over the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S with the same at 83.5%.
Design and build Characteristics
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S is 160.5 mm (6.32 inches) and the Oppo A93 is 160.1 mm (6.3 inches) in height.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S is 74.5 mm (2.93 inches) and the Oppo A93 is 73.8 mm (2.91 inches) wide.
- The Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S is 8.3 mm (0.33 inches) thick while the Oppo A93 is 7.5 mm (0.3 inches) thick.
- The Oppo A93 weighs a cool 164 grams ~ 5.78 oz while the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S weighs 178.8 grams ~ 6.31 oz.
- The Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S has a waterproof capacity of IP53 while the Oppo A93 has none.
- Both gadgets have fingerprint scanners; – for the Redmi it is in the home button while for the Oppo A93, the scanner is In-display.
Memory and Battery Characteristics
- The RAM size for the Redmi Note 10S is 6, 8 GB while for the Oppo A93 is 8 GB, with a memory type of LPDDR4X.
- The storage size varies for the Redmi Note 10S with 64, and 128 GB while Oppo only has a storage size of 128 GB, but they both have a memory card maximum size of up to 512 GB
- Redmi Note 10s runs on android 11 and can be upgraded to android 12 while Oppo A93 runs only on Android 10.
- The Redmi Note 10s has a battery of 5000 mAh with a charge power of 33W while the Oppo A93 runs a battery of 4000 mAh with a charge power of 18W.
- The Redmi Note 10s camera has 64 megapixels with 9216 x 6912 image resolution against the Oppo A93’s 48 megapixels with 8000 x 6000 image resolution.
- Redmi Note 10s runs a selfie camera of 13 megapixels with 4290 x 2800 image resolution against the Oppo A93’s 16 megapixels with 4608 x 3456 image resolution.
After analyzing all these features on and in the two smart handsets, one could ask, how do they fair on the Ugandan market today? Here it is, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s can be bought at a minimum of UGX1,200,000.
The Oppo A93 can be got at a minimum price of UGX1,050,000. This is a little lower than the Redmi gadget price.
With all these factors, what would be your buy?