Facebook-owned messaging app; WhatsApp, is known for its regular updates and one of its latest is WhatsApp Stickers. WhatsApp introduced the highly anticipated stickers option for its Android and iOS users in September 2018 to make chats more interesting. Meanwhile, users will have to update their app to receive this feature.
Once you update WhatsApp, start a conversation and tap on the sticker icon in the text input field (iOS) or Emoji Icon > Sticker Icon (Android). This will open up the Sticker tab, and tapping on the ‘+’ sign on the top right edge of the keyboard will take you to all the available sticker packs. This includes Cuppy which comes as default during the update. Other sticker packs; Salty, Biscuit, Komo, Koko, Hatch, are available for download. In addition, introduced a Sticker store to allow users to download more sticker packs.
But fun fact is, WhatsApp now lets you create your own sticker packs through third-party apps.
How to create the stickers
Highly recommended that you have the latest version of WhatsApp installed on your phone. In addition, internet connectivity is a MUST as well.
- Select all the photos/images that you want to use as stickers. If they aren’t in PNG format, you will have to convert them first. PNG format means they will have no background. And WhatsApp will only support PNG formats. You can convert them through Photoshop or you can download a background eraser app.
- Once your done converting them to PNG, size them to the recommended 512×512 pixels. In addition, must be less than 100 KB.
- You must also provide an icon that will be used to represent your sticker pack in the WhatsApp sticker tray. Therefore, you will have to create a 96×96 pixels image that will represent your stickers.
- Head to you app store, and download a third app to upload your stickers. Some of the apps we come across include; Personal Stickers for WhatsApp and Sticker makers for WhatsApp.
- Enter your sticker pack’s name and author name on opening the app.
- Now you can upload to about 30 stickers. These are the ones you created before (in step 1 and 2)
- Once done, it will be added as one of the stickers in your sticker pack. And you can start using them in your chats.