GoogleNewsSoftware

Google Shares its Monthly Android Version Distribution Chart – Android Nougat on 11.5%

Just like every other month, Mountain View-based internet firm, Google Corp. has released the updated version of its Android version distribution chart with data for the seven-day period ending July 6.

The updated numbers confirm that Android 7.0 Nougat and Android 7.1 Nougat are now present on 10.6% and 0.9% of total Android devices respectively – that checked into Google Play, taking the overall percentage to 11.5% having improved from its last month numbers where it stood at 9.5%.

Android OS
The latest distribution data shows that the Android 6.0 Marshmallow still the largest running on 31.8% of the total devices having increased by 0.6% from 31.2 percent in June.

Android Lollipop has a total share of 30.1% of active Android devices (with Android 5.0 Lollipop running on 7.8% of devices and Android 5.1 Lollipop at 22.3%) that checked into Google Play. Last month, the OS version had a total share of 30.8%.

Android KitKat, which was running on 18.1% of devices last month, has decreased by 1.0% according to the latest numbers.

Android Jelly Bean has a combined share of 8.1%, while Android Ice Cream Sandwich (v4.0.3-4.0.4) and Android Gingerbread (v2.3.3-2.3.7), have a share of 0.7% each.

OpenGL
On the other hand, Google’s OpenGL version distribution numbers – shows OpenGL 3.0 at 45.1% from 44.6%, OpenGL version 2.0 steadily rising to 38.4% from 38.7% of last month, and finally OpenGL version 3.1 now present on 16.5% of the devices.

Editor’s Note: These figures are gathered from devices visiting the Google Play app, which only supports Android 2.2 and above.

Tags
Back to top button
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
Close

Adblock Detected

Please disable your adblocker to continue accessing this site.