Apps & SoftwareGoogleNews

Google’s Updated Android Distribution Numbers Show Android Nougat Closing to 10 Percent of Active Devices

Google has released its updated Android distribution chart with the latest distribution numbers confirm that the Android Nougat is finally inching closer to the 10 percent of active Android devices.

According to NDTV news website, the timing of the Android distribution numbers from Google is interesting considering Apple’s CEO Tim Cook during his WWDC 2017 keynote address took a pot shot at Android.

He on Monday showed a chart where iOS 10 was running on 86 percent of active iOS devices while Android Nougat reached the 7 percent mark as of June. Cook also referred Android’s OS version fragmentation for the poor numbers. The updated list could be a way Google wants to reply back to Apple that it has inched closer to 10 percent mark, though compared to iOS 10, it’s still far away, NDTV reports.

The Google Play distribution data is for the seven-day period ending June 5.

Android 7.0 is now present on 8.9 percent while Android 7.1 on 0.6 percent devices, making the total number as 9.5 percent. Marshmallow has a total share of 31.2 percent same as that of last month.[related-posts]

Android Lollipop
Last month, Android Lollipop had a total share of 32 percent while in the latest report shows Android Lollipop with a total share of 30.8 percent of active Android devices (Android 5.0 Lollipop running on 8.2 percent and Android 5.1 Lollipop at 22.6 percent). Based on the new figures, Android Lollipop is running on majority of active Android devices even though it saw a decrease considering last month’s data.

Other Android versions
Android KitKat which is running on 18.1 percent, Android Jelly Bean is at 8.8 percent, while Android 4.0.x or Ice Cream Sandwich and Android Gingerbread (v2.3.3-2.3.7), in Google’s latest numbers, registered a share of 0.8 percent each.

OpenGL 3.0 is at 44.6 percent, and OpenGL version 2.0 steadily rising to 38.7 percent.

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please disable your adblocker to continue accessing this site.