With the growing popularity of WhatsApp worldwide with over 1 billion monthly users, the app developers have often introduced updates to it’s app both Android and iOS. Though there is more than one update, we would like to look at today, “Marking messages as Read or Unread“.
With this update, WhatsApp users can mark the chats as Read and Unread, just like you can do with your mailbox. I will look at marking them [messages] as ‘Read’ to get rid of reading everything, at times some group messages might be annoying, or a lot to read, or they’re just getting your phone frozen.
So here’s how you can get it done, on Android or iOS:
- First, make sure you have the latest version of WhatsApp, that supports this feature.
- To select the message chats that you want to mark as read, just swipe/scroll through your messages, PRESS AND HOLD only those that you want to mark as read.
- Click on the action bar at the top right corner.
- Select “Mark as Read” and it will definitely mark all your selected messages as read.
- First, have the latest version of WhatsApp.
- Swipe through your messages gently from left to right to select only the messages that you want to mark as read.
- A square box will appear on the left asking you to “Mark as Read or Unread,” but in this case we want the Read option.
- Tap on that box and the chat(s) you selected will be marked as read.