Responsible for providing shift based support, ensuring maximum service availability and performance on a 24/7 basis through effective Monitoring.
About Roke Telkom:
Roke Telkom Ltd. is a licensed Public Service Provider and Public Infrastructure Provider, dealing in Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) call termination and Wholesale Data.
The NOC Engineer will be responsible for providing shift based support, ensuring maximum service availability and performance on a 24/7basis through effective Monitoring, Event Management and Incident Management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively providing 1st level technical support and providing timely technical solutions for clients.
- In charge of identifying and responding to faults within ROKE Telkom’s infrastructure, liaising with field engineers, technical team members, contractors or 3rd party providers as necessary, escalating to senior engineers and following technical issues through to resolution in a timely and efficient manner to ensure maximum service uptime.
- Supporting co-location customers with remote “hands and eye” support to remotely troubleshoot problems to maximise service uptime.
- Proactively monitoring system and network health and availability using established monitoring tools in order to ensure customer satisfaction by mitigating problems to avoid degraded service.
- In charge of co-ordinating with the provisioning team to fulfil all new customer turn ups including configuration, routing updates and other network implementations in a swift manner within customer build lead time.
- Maintaining technical documentation of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations to ensure efficiency, consistency and highest standards.
- Responsible for monitoring of facilities at all ROKE Telkom points of presence (POPs), i.e. air-conditioning, UPS, generators, power usage, running health and safety and housekeeping checks to ensure optimum operation to ensure that any issues are flagged and dealt with by the relevant technical team members.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the NOC Engineer career placement must hold a University: degree (BSc) Telecommunications, Computer Science/ Information Technology/ ICT from a recognized university.
- Hold CCNA Certification.
- One year of experience in a telecoms environment.
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficient with Excel and MS office.
- Possess Basic network knowledge.
- Customer service and end user support / experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Keen attention to detail and multitasking ability.
- Result- and team-oriented, honest and of high integrity.
- Follow-up and documentation.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your electronic applications including cover letter, resume and the details of three referees IN ONE DOCUMENT to email@example.com.
Deadline for submission is 7th June, 2016.