We are a brand new TV in Uganda with primary objective of providing affordable premium content to audiences across Africa. Our mission is to create world class channels that enable Ugandans to access top-notch programming, easily and freely.
The Library and Archive Manager will receive, store and issue tapes, publications and other broadcasting material according to the company policy
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive tapes and publications to the library, and make entries in the register
- The jobholder will catalogue tapes and publications and submit the list to the head of department
- Shelve tapes and publications as per the subject and genre
- Issue tapes and publications to the staff as per company policy
- Regularly preview and edit all received programs and those to be transmitted, as per the weekly scheduling consultation with the programs manager
- Take note of the duration of the programs to be aired and inform the head of department of any errors in video /sound for immediate correction
- Archive the relevant material as per stakeholders’ requests
- Submit programs to the studio in good time for transmission, as per the weekly and daily transmission schedules
- Transfer material from different formats as directed by the supervisor
- Collect tapes from the studio after transmission and shelve them accordingly
- Maintain proper record keeping and filling system
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Library and Archive Manager career opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or diploma in library and information science from a recognized institution
- At least two years’ experience for a degree holders and three years’ experience or a diploma holder from a large media house or similar organization.
How to Apply:
All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their applications and updated CVs to Country General Manager, Kampala via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Monday, 19th December 2016