Women of Uganda Network (WOUGNET) will be conducting a web 2.0 and Social Media training opportunity scheduled to take place at WOUGNET Community Development through Technology Center (CDTC) in Kamwokya, Kampala, Uganda on 10th – 12th May 2016.
The overall objective of the course is to empower development professionals to recognize the potential of Social Media and make innovative use of these tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their teams, augment the reach of their work and enhance the institutional image of their organizations
Women of Uganda Network (WOUGNET) is a non-governmental organisation initiated in May 2000 by several women’s organisations in Uganda to develop the use of information and communication technologies (ICTs) among women as tools to share information and address issues collectively. WOUGNET’s mission is to promote and support the use of ICTs by women and women organisations in Uganda, so that they can take advantage of the opportunities presented by ICTs in order to effectively address national and local problems of sustainable development.
Participants will be introduced to web 2.0 applications including social media and will learn how to use them hands-on. The Learning Opportunity will cover advanced online searching, getting information served via alerts and RSS, collaborating remotely using wikis and Google Docs, using VoIP, and social networking.
This event will also give chance to participants to see what others have done, get hands-on experience on how to use innovative applications, and assess how they could adopt these innovations within the context of their work and organization.
The benefits of attending this web 2.0 and Social Media training include;
- Participants get a training certificate co-issued by WOUGNET & the Technical Center for Agriculture and Rural Cooperation (ACP-EU) – a lead organisation in ACP countries supporting innovative ICT use and application.
- Participants get to join the web2fordev community – with over 3,000 members and ability to get free online support and mentoring.
- Joins the ICT4D Youth community in Uganda – active youth groups set up by WOUGNET strategically using ICTs for their own personal development.
- Participants join the WOUGNET and web2fordev mailing lists where they continue to receive regular updates as well as opportunities.
- WOUGNET may recommend such participants in other online/ICT4D opportunities as they may wish or contact WOUGNET.
NB: 50,000 Ugandan shillings per person will be charged for 3 days starting 8:30 am – 1:00 pm. We will offer breakfast only to participants.
Please note that all applicants to the courses must be resident in Uganda and have to fill in this application form which will be considered by a committee that selects the participants.
Interested parties, follow the link for Registration.