MTN Uganda today announced a long-awaited product to its Internet offering; allowing customers to purchase monthly Unlimited Internet packages. The move is significant as it offers customers a chance to enjoy high speed Internet with no data caps and no MBs to recharge.
MTN is already known for providing the fastest speeds since its introduction of 4G LTE connectivity 2 years ago. MTN’s 4G LTE network is the largest in the country, spanning across all major towns countrywide.
As part of its vision to lead the delivery of a bold new Digital World, MTN continuously invests heavily in technologies to achieve this.
The introduction of unlimited packages represents a major shift in customer demands for heavy Internet usage, away from the traditional bundles characterized by data caps. The MTN Unlimited packages are available for as low as 99,000/- per month.
|MTN Unlimited Internet – Premium||All day,|
|MTN Unlimited Internet – Basic||All day,|
|MTN Unlimited Internet – Night||Midnight – 6am||99,000||30 Days|
“We are excited to be championing initiatives that enable our customers to do more with the Internet at affordable rates. This is line with our vision; to deliver a bold, new digital world to our customers,” said the MTN Chief Executive Officer, Wim Vanhelleputte while addressing the media at the MTN offices in Kololo.
“MTN has over the years continued to invest in infrastructure and technology that guarantee a world-class experience for customers using our Internet. Today we would like to give them the freedom to use the internet unlimited and enjoy a truly amazing high speed experience,” he concluded.
The General Manager MTN Business Anthony Katamba noted, “With widespread changes in information technology that have enabled business and lifestyle cloud services, it is no longer convenient to maintain data caps on all Internet packages and we are delighted to have been able to develop a solution that allows users to connect to these services without any barriers.”
“We are definitely aware of the fact that Unlimited Internet around the world runs the risk of abuse, and therefore, this product has been designed to guard against such behavior through promoting the spirit of fair usage,” Mr. Katamba explained.
How to activate to the new MTN Unlimited Internet
- You can use airtime from your smartphone or any other data device by doing any of the following:
- Dial *150*55#OK and following the prompts, or
- Dial *160#OK and follow the prompts, or
- Using the MyMTN app
- You can also get the Unlimited packages through your Mobile Money account:
- Dial *165#OK select option 7 to buy bundles and follow the prompts, or
- Dial *150*55# and follow the prompts to select Mobile Money payment option, or
- Using the MyMTN app
- In addition, you can visit any MTN Service centre
- Call customer service on 100 (for MTN customers), 0771001000 for customers on other networks
- MTN Business Customers can contact their account managers for scheduled activations to multiple numbers using the MTN Business Bulk Activation service for businesses.
After using 3GB daily you are capped from 2mbps (256KBps) to 256kbps (32KBps). These are already pathetic speeds before they are even capped. MTN are falsely advertising this as 4G LTE internet yet it doesn’t get past 2mbps. This is just a marketing campaign that doesn’t offer anything better to the public