The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters.
This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
The Officer Information Systems Audit carries out audits and provides consultancy services on organizational information systems to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, governance and internal controls
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Uganda Revenue Authority URA Officer Information Systems Audit career opportunity must hold a Bachelor of Computer Science or Information Technology or related field from a recognized academic institution.
- Be a Certified Information Systems Auditor.
- Professional qualifications in relevant IT and/or Audit related areas such as CISM, CEH, etc.
- At least three years’ experience in Information Systems Audit in a reputable organization.
- Familiarity with ISACA standards (including ISO17799/27001).
- Knowledge of COBIT.
- Proven Integrity.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Proficiency working with recognized IT Security related standards, Technologies, principles and practices.
- Ability to analyze big volumes of data and pay attention to details.
- Problem analysis and solving skills.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise flexibility and resilience under different working conditions.[related-posts]
How to Apply:
- All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online by visiting the website below.
- Please go to Careers link, Here, ‘CAREERS -> EXPERIENTIAL HIRING -> Login (If new, register, else continue)’ to view detailed job description of the roles and responsibilities and other required competencies.
- All applicants are required to scan and attach copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Transcript, O’ Level, A’ level, Degree certificates. Each attachment should not exceed a limit of 1MB and ONLY Portable Document Format (pdf) are allowed.
The list of shortlisted and successful candidates will be published on the URA website. Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority. Any applicants found with forged academic documents will be charged in the courts of law.
Deadline to submit your application is Saturday 30th November, 2016 at 11:59pm