Main Purpose of the Job
To lead a Direct Sales team including Key Account Managers in driving the business Sales strategy and targets in key verticals through implementing robust customer acquisition and retention initiatives. Mobile services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement MTN sales strategy in line with overall Company Business Plan.
- Introduce and implement initiatives that are targeting Improvement in customer satisfaction and retention levels.
- Drive the MTN Business strategy for penetrating of competitor accounts to increase MTN market share with specific reference to the Government sector.
- Manage the implementation of company policies and procedures regarding direct sales.
- Introduce differentiators into the industry with special reference to the corporate sector.
- Develop MTN Business ambitious strategy for new business development.
- Develop and expand sales operations in the entire country by promoting out MTN’s products and services.
- Manage the performance and development of Account Managers, Administrators and sales engineers enhance their engagement levels and ensure maximization of their potential in generating business results.
- Develop and manage sales Budget with the mandate of maintaining customer satisfaction as well as customer retention and growth.
- Liaise with commercial teams to ensure that knowledge of new developments and offerings is disseminated to the sales team and that customer issues/problems are dealt with promptly and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Carry out periodic segment reviews and make relevant and specific recommendations.
- Track sales regularly and generate periodic reports on sales volume growth and profitability of the sales activities within the business segment.
- Identify new sales opportunities and focus the sales effort to capitalize on such opportunities.
- Optimize sales and penetration into key accounts within the region.
- Ensure that Sales Managers and Regional Managers receive the levels of support they require to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Participate as members of cross-functional project team, as and when required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A Minimum of 4 years tertiary qualification / A Post graduate Degree or Diploma or Professional qualification & first degree in B. Com / Sales & Marketing / BBA/Engineering or a business related discipline is an added advantage.
- Manager track record of 5 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry.
- Experience working across diverse cultures and geographies is advantageous.
- Working experience in sales management position for more than 5 years in a fast-paced multinational company in a highly competitive industry dealing in semi-durable high-tech goods that require after-sales service or experience in an ICT environment.
- At least 5 years’ experience in relationship management, sales and/or marketing role in a service industry.
- Relationship sales Training.
- Financial Management.
- ICT and Telecommunications.
- GSM/3G/LTE technology.
- Contract appreciation and business related course.
Knowledge – Segment Management
- Business strategies.
- Global Telecoms trends.
- Industry awareness.
- Enterprise Risk management.
- Sales cycle.
- Supervisory Skills.
- Business and Financial skills.
- Well-developed negotiation and Persuasion skills.
- Excellent Leadership and people skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving.
- Strategic Management skills; Planning, Reviewing, Motivating, Coaching and Performance Management.
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of budgeting principles.
- Good Presentation skills.
- Financial and margin management skills (Risk Management).
- High levels of Integrity.
- A good team leader/ player.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send hand deliver their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names, addresses of three referees addressed to the: Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O Box 24624, at Plot 22 Hannington Road (MTN Towers) Kampala, not later than Thursday March 24, 2016.