Do you feel like you have the drive to lead change, and want to develop your skill sets to do so?
Do you want to advocate for the rights of young people in your country?
Do you have a passion to make a difference in your community?
Are you aged between 18 – 25 years?
If you have answered yes, then we invite you to apply to our Young Innovators Fellowship Programme!
UNFPA is seeking six of the brightest and most ambitious youth globally to be a part our Fellowship Programme. This opportunity-of-a-lifetime programme covers expenses related to travel, stipend, accommodation and health insurance.
This exciting development opportunity will see six fellows join us at UNFPA Headquarters in New York for a period of three months (July-Sept 2016) where fellows will undergo leadership training, after which they will then be placed at either their Regional or Country Offices for a period of nine months, in a capacity most relevant to their experience.
UNFPA recognizes the untapped potential of young people around the world. We want to channel your energy and creativity to develop solutions in our Country and Regional Offices.
Our goal is to provide you with the essential tools, skillsets and international experience that will empower you to realize your career goals, we are looking for you to provide us with insights and ideas that will enable us to be more aligned with youth-problems in your community.
- Demonstrated interest and dedication to development issues established through either volunteer experience, work experience, affiliations with a youth network or NGO, in areas of UNFPA’s mandate.
- Basic understanding of issues of importance to UNFPA and what the organization stands for.
- Working knowledge of English (mandatory: written and oral).
- Commitment to return to home country to promote International Conference of Population and Development mandate. For details regarding ICPD.
- Aged between 18 years to 25 years old as of 29th February 2016.[related-posts]
Please visit the UNFPA Jobsite to apply to the programme latest by February 22nd, 2016.
- Selected candidates will be invited for a web-based interview.
- Shortlisted candidates will then be invited to an in-person interview in our Regional or Country Office.
- We will make an offer to six of the brightest candidates to join the Young Innovators Fellowship Programme.
Download our PC Tech Android App and keep updated on the move.