These days more and more companies are focusing on making it as easy as possible for employees to be productive. That’s why they’re turning to serviced offices and relying on technological advances in the workplace. In this article, we’re going to look at this type of office environment and discuss some of the advances which are making working life more of a pleasure.
What is a Serviced Office?
A serviced office is a category of the office building which is already equipped for business and run by a company specializing in facilities management. The company could rent out any or all of the following:
- Single offices;
- Meetings rooms;
- Project space;
- Entire floors.
This flexibility makes serviced office space a brilliant choice for startups and SMEs. With the ability to rent whole floors they are also useful for larger and rapidly growing businesses.
What Serviced Offices Can Offer
One of the reasons businesses are turning to serviced offices is because they can pack a lot into their offering. These are just some of the services a business might be able to benefit from, which could be included in a single fee:
- Fully furnished offices;
- A dedicated internet connection;
- IT support;
- Telephone handsets;
- Rent, rates and utility payment;
- Buildings insurance taken care of;
- Photocopying facilities;
- A staffed reception area and switchboard;
- Cleaning and tidying;
- Security guards;
- Kitchen facilities;
- Rubbish and recycling facilities.
As you can see from this extensive list, serviced offices really do offer a lot to businesses of all sizes. And all of these benefits could really make a difference when it comes to helping employees be more productive.
The Tech Difference
When you add technology to the facilities offered by shared offices, the benefits really do start stacking up. Startups across Africa know that tech can really give them the edge when it comes to servicing clients and creating new and innovative products. It can also make a difference in the workplace itself. Just some of the advancements which can aid productivity include:
- Time-tracking software, which can help when it comes to planning and allocating work so that you get the most out of every business day.
- Videoconferencing facilities, which can make it possible for meetings to be held with co-workers and clients across the world.
- Cloud computing, which can make it easy to collaborate with co-workers wherever they may be.
- Blogging, which can help market your business and position it as a leader in your industry.
- Online training, which can keep you and your employees keep abreast of the latest changes in the market.
These are just some of the tech advancements which could make a difference to any business. And when used in a serviced office environment they could allow that business to punch above its weight in terms of productivity.