Uganda’s ICT Industry organization, ICTAU has announced its new Board of Directors who were elected at the 4th Annual General Meeting held December 9th, 2017 at Hive Colab in Kampala.
The new Board of Directors is comprised of the following members:
- Albert Mucunguzi – Chairman
- Teddy Ruge – Vice Chairman
- Isabel Odida – Secretary General
- Ronald Sebuhinja – Treasurer
- Boaz Shani – Director/Head of Administration Committee
- Haleem Chongomweru – Director/Head of Education of Committee
- Daniel Kalibbala – Director/Head of Development Committee
- Maureen Agena – Director/Head of Human Resource Committee
- Anne Whitehead – Director/Head of Communications
- Dickson Mushabe – Director/Head of Members’ Representatives Committee
Full profiles of the new members of the Board are available on the ICTAU website, www.ictau.ug.
“Our focus for 2018 is to ensure that ICTAU has a strong, vibrant and mostly corporate membership, fully representing Uganda’s ICT industry,” said Albert Mucunguzi, the Chairman.
“This is inline with our vision to contribute to Uganda’s technical and technological development by organizing key ICT stakeholders under one body capable of supporting/promoting ICT research and advocating for projects and policies that facilitate the adoption and usage of ICTs by the underserved and unreached in Uganda,” he added.
Over the course of its existence, the association has been actively engaging government on issues affecting the country’s ICT sector including certification of ICT service providers, advising the government on policy issues like SIM registration among others.
The Association that boasts of a cumulative membership of over 600 members, is currently coordinating the Netherlands Trust Fund IV (NTF IV) project, a program that seeks to increase the export revenues of SMEs by enhancing export competitiveness of the IT and IT-enabled services (ITES) sector in Uganda.