The International Trade Centre (ITC), a joint agency of the United Nations and the World Trade Organization (WTO) engaged in trade-related technical assistance, is implementing a programme dubbed “The Netherlands Trust Fund IV ” (NTF IV) in partnership with the Dutch Centre for the Promotion of Imports from developing countries (CBI), and funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands.
The programme is targeting Ugandan SMEs active in Information Technology (IT) Companies – Enterprise Software; Mobile Applications, and IT Enabled Services (ITES) Companies (BPO) segments.
In partnership with NITAU, ICTAU and ATIS, the NTF IV Uganda project will support 20 enterprises in their international development; 12 of these enterprises will have access to B2B events in foreign markets. In addition, 8 startups will benefit from targeted coaching, training and advisory services.
All companies in the sector that have expressed an interest in participating in the NTF IV project will have access to ITC’s market research, online training, and further benefits, which we will disclose once we have received all applications.
The 12 selected SMEs will benefit from the following support activities:
- Participation in Training/Coaching activities on the development and implementation of their export marketing plan– developed under NTF III or to be developed under NTF IV.
- Further improve customer value propositions, sales approaches, service and product descriptions; possible support to certification (likely to be ISO), ideally in partnership with other stakeholders including; World Bank, Private Sector Foundation, among others.
- Participation in B2B matchmaking events and/or Trade Fairs organized in Uganda and/or target IT & ITES markets.
- Promotion activities through online and offline media.
The submitted projects will be assessed by International Business-linkage Experts where only applications to the Expression of Interest and all company-related information including financials will be treated with STRICT CONFIDENTIALITY.
The grading scale – 0 to 3:
- 0 – does not meet criteria.
- 1 – partially meets criteria.
- 2 – adequately meets criteria.
- 3 – fully meets criteria.
The selected beneficiary companies will be required to sign a Letter of Commitment to confirm their willingness and ability to participate in the project.
The deadline for applications (FOLLOW LINK TO APPLY) will be on 19th January, 2018 at 12:00 a.m East African Time
Writer’s Note: Please take time to complete the expression of interest carefully. Once you have completed the form the final screen will confirm that you successfully submitted your application.