Africa’s leading eCommerce platform; Jumia Uganda in its new promotion is giving its customers 50% discount on all electronics they ought to buy. This doesn’t look new (I mean the 50% discount), as we are used to the online firm giving us this discount so far – from its mobile week promotion, to its 5-year anniversary in Uganda; where the price of sugar had been priced at 3,000 UGX compared to the market price that was between 5,500 and 7,000 UGX a kilo.
Today in its on going 50% discount on electronics scheduled to end on 24th September, 2017, we give a list of 9 smartphones below 400,000 UGX that you could buy.
Tecno smartphones are tremendous growing its sales in Uganda today. You can’t pass a street without seeing their shops, with numbers of customers purchasing their phones. In August this year, Tecno launched a new set of smartphones here in Uganda; Tecno SPARK and Tecno SPARK Plus, with some online bloggers, and review who strongly recommended them for university students.
1. Tecno Spark – priced at 359,000 UGX. The dual SIM packs 16GB of internal storage with an expandable microSD card slot of 32GB, 1GB RAM 13MP and 5MP rear and front cameras, 1.3Ghz Octa-core MediaTek Processor – which is suitable for multitasking, Android 7 Nougat + HiOS Custom UI, 3000mAh, and if you mind about your privacy, forget about using passwords, or partterns, Tecno Spark spots a finger print sensor located at the back of the phone just below the rear camera.
2. Tecno W5 Lite – priced at 335,000 UGX. The 5.5-Inch smartphone comes with an internal memory of 16GB with an expandable microSD card slot of 32GB, 1GB RAM. For photogenics, the phone spots a 13MP rear camera, and 5MP front camera, Quad-core 1.3 GHz processor, and Android 6.0 Marshmallow, supported and backed on 3000mAh battery.
3. Tecno L9 – priced at 395,000 UGX. This is an awesome phablet that I would recommend mid-range smartphone users to buy. The 5-Inch with Android 6.0 Marshmallow mobile operating system, packs a 4000mAh battery that can at least take you for 2 or 3 days on a single charge. Storage-wise, spots 1GB of RAM, 16GB of ROM expandable to 32GB with a microSD card, 8MP rear camera with HDR, 5MP front camera.
itel is a growing brand in Uganda, most people have focused a lot on their feature phones compared to the smartphones. Of recent, they launched a new flagship in Uganda; the itel P51 which is gradual selling in the market.
1. The itel P51 – priced at 350,000 UGX has a 5.5-Inch display screen, runs on Android 7.0 nougat mobile os, internal memory of 16GB with an expandable microSD card slot of 32GB, 1GB RAM, 8MP and 2Mp rear and front cameras respectively, 1.3GHz quad-core Processor, supports 3G connectivity.
2. The Itel S31 priced at 310,000 UGX and has a 3-star ranking on the store. Comes packed with an internal memory of 16GB that can be expanded to 32GB with an microSD card, 1GB RAM, 5MP rear and front cameras, 3G connectivity, Android 6.0 Marshmallow, battery capacity of 2400mAh that supports fast charging, and a standby time of 25 Hours and a talktime of 8 Hours. Jumia is giving you a free flip cover if you buy this phone.
3. The Itel S11 – priced at 250,000 UGX. Spec-wise, has a 5-Inch display screen, 8GB ROM expandable to 16GB with a microSD card, 1GB RAM, 5MP for the rear and front cameras, supports 3G connectivity, Quad-Core 1.3 GHz, Cortex A7 processor, Android 6 Marshmallow.
The rise and the beginning of the infinix brands in Uganda is really growing at steady pace with the branding being on a total point. Since its launch in Uganda that begun with it’s sales on only Kilimall, and now available on Jumia, infinix is earning its name and fighting its brand into the Ugandan market with their latest phone being the Infinix Note 4.
1. INFINIX Smart – priced at 298,000 UGX. This phone is good for entry-level smartphone holders or in other words ‘first time smartphone holders’. The 5-Inch phone has 1GB RAM, 16GB ROM expandable to 32GB, 8MP and 2MP rear and front cameras respectively, a polymer 3060mAh Lithium-Ion battery, 1.3GHz Octa Core Cortex-A53 processor, XOS Based on Android 7.0 (Nougat).
2. Infinix Hot 5 Lite – priced at 319,000 UGX. Mid-ranges can own one of these. The 5.5-Inch HD IPS phablet packs an XOS Based on Android 7 Nougat, 8MP Rear, and 5MP Front cameras, Quad-core 1.3GHz processor, 1GB RAM, 16GB ROM expandable up to 32GB with a microSD card, and a 4000mAh battery capacity.
3. Infinix Hot 5 – priced at 387,00o UGX. The 5.5-Inch HD IPS is the mother of the Infinix Hot 5 Lite, and the specifications don’t differ much. The Hot 5 has 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM expandable up to 32GB with a microSD card, 8MP Rear, and 5MP Front cameras, an XOS Based on Android 7 Nougat mobile operating system, Quad-core 1.3GHz processor, 4000mAh battery capacity.