Monitoring data helps you know what percentage of data the apps on your devices are using. It can also help limit your data usage on the apps that you might know are taking a lot of data.
If you’ve been wondering how much data you’ve been using or if you’re constantly burning through your data really fast and you want to monitor it, here are a few steps to follow:
Monitoring data consumption on iOS
- Go to the Settings app on your Phone or tab.
- Then tap the Cellular option.
You will the see cellular data. Under the Cellular Data Usage section, you’ll see how much data you’ve used since the last time the statistics were cleared.
If you want to start monitoring afresh, follow the steps above then the ones below:
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on Reset Statistics.
- Confirm one more time by tapping again on Reset Statistics.
If you scroll back up, just confirm that you see 0 bytes under the Cellular Data Usage section.
Monitoring data consumption on an android phone.
- Navigate to the Android Settings menu.
- Tap Data Usage.
- Select the dates next to Data usage cycle, and then Change cycle.
- Change the cycle date to match the start date of your monthly plan.
- Check your Set Mobile Data Limit box.
- Tap the red bar and hit the up and down arrows.
Monitoring data consumption for windows users.
- Go to the home screen.
- Swipe the home screen to the left.
- Select Data Sense.
- Tap the Options button (round gear in the circle at the bottom)
- Check the box for Restrict Background Data when I’m near my limit.
If the in built phone system does not cut it for you, you can also use third party data monitoring apps which you get from the play store or app store.