About Stanbic Bank:
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets.
It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
The Team Leader New Business Online (nBOL) is responsible for the smooth and efficient functioning of the nBOL system and encompassing systems, in liaison with the line manager and in accordance with the laid down policies, procedures, guidelines and delegate authority in providing and encouraging customers to conduct business with the bank using available and new Electronic Banking Channels.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure performance review of the New Business Online team as aligned to the Bank goals.
- Manage and grow support resources in Electronic Banking New Business Online unit.
- Maintain an appropriate customer contact model.
- Monitor and coordinate overall service standards for all products and channels support in the nBOL Unit.
- Maintain good relationship to ensure that quality of service to customers remains superior to competition.
- Ensure maintenance of system uptime for the nBOL system and encompassing systems (EE, Billers, E-TAX, Mobile Money, SWIFT).
- Ensure efficient support for nBOL installations and customer training;
- Provision and coordination of efficient, quality service to nBOL clients during installations and technical support to other the encompassing systems (EE, Billers, E-TAX, Mobile Money, SWIFT).
- Ensure provision of prompt and professional support for nBOL related problems, EE, Billers, E-TAX, Mobile Money, SWIFT from the nBOL team.
- Enhance the understanding of all Electronic Banking systems and related applications on a day to day basis through practice and self-driven learning.
- Proactively initiate requests for appropriate training to the line manager.
- The incumbent will minimise losses by ensuring customer retention and growth.
- To effectively utilize the balance score card with in the Electronic Banking Department.
- Minimise operating costs by ensuring system down time is minimised and resolving all possible nBOL , EE, Billers, E-TAX, Mobile Money, SWIFT faults locally (in-house) without need for escalation to Group IT.
- Minimise expenses of the department through disciplined and efficient use of bank facilities such as vehicles an telephones.
- Ensure that system faults that cannot be resolved locally are escalated timely.
- Adhere to Bank and Group IT standards and procedures while performing duty.
- Coordinate and takes part in tests and implementation of all Electronic banking nBOL, EE change requests.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Team Leader New Business Online career opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems or related field.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in any of the following areas: Technical, support, Systems Administration, Applications support, Electronic Banking/Channels Support, Banking/financial industry experience would be an added advantage.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Technically competent with broad knowledge of systems management development and implementation methods with specialist knowledge of applications, Electronic Banking/Channels and peripheral systems.
- Interpersonal & Communication Skills.
- General IT Knowledge.
- UNIX, ORACLE/SQL & MS Access or other database management skills.
- Banking Knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by following the link. Click Here
Deadline to submit your application is 22nd November, 2016.