The Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) was established to implement the provisions of The UCC Act 2013 Laws of Uganda with a principal goal of developing a modern communications sub-sector and Infrastructure in Uganda, in conformity with the operationalization of the Telecommunications Policy.
The Officer, Systems Administration will be tasked with the installation, configuration, upgrade, maintenance and administering of computer systems and related peripherals to ensure optimal running of business applications, including user management and disaster recovery.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the UCC Officer, Systems Administration job opportunity should hold a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related IT, IS, or Computing fields.
- IT Industry certifications, with specific bias to ITIL, Database Administration and Microsoft technical certifications.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in Systems Administration and Networking / IT in a similar corporate setting.
- Skills in planning, deployment and maintenance of MS Windows and Unix/Linux based systems – operation systems and Relational Database Management Systems.
- Working knowledge of administering Storage Area Networks and Virtualized Servers using VMWare.
- Administration knowledge of unified Communications solutions.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with updated and detailed curriculum vita giving three references, copies of academic and professional certificates, postal address and daytime telephone contact addressed to:
The Managing Director,
ABS Consulting Group
Workers House, 1 Pilkington Road,
9th Floor, Southern Wing
P.O. Box 29526
NB: Indicate the position applied for on the envelope (Like this ‘Application for the position of…….”)
Submit your applications before 16th December, 2016.
Credit: Staff Writer