Mildmay Uganda (MUg) is a faith- based local Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) offering Comprehensive HIV Care & treatment, Training, Research & General Medical Services; also providing Health Systems Strengthening to scale up comprehensive HIV/AIDS Services in 16 districts of Central Uganda.
The Database Administrator will design, develop and maintain a Mildmay Uganda database systems and website infrastructure that is secure and reliable, and to provide appropriate support to different technical teams to access and use data sources in programme implementation at MUg main site and supported programmes
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop database systems infrastructure in alignment with the MUg Strategic Information Systems framework for efficient data storage and utilization.
- Develop infrastructure for a centralized data repository / data warehouse) to provide a platform for deployment of decision support systems.
- Maintain database systems infrastructure in a functional and secure state to facilitate business continuity in alignment to the ICT disaster recovery policy standards for MUg.
- The incumbent will maintain SQL Servers in a functional state to ensure uninterrupted access to client and user database platforms.
- Design, deploy and maintain a functional and attractive Mildmay Uganda Website to ensure organisational visibility, facilitate learning and disseminate best practices.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Software Engineering.
- A minimum of three (3) years professional work experience in Information Technology.
- At least two (2) years work experience performing Database Administration.
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator.
- Microsoft SQL Server Knowledge.
- Programming background (ASP.NET, VB.NET and C#).
- Microsoft Access Database knowledge.
- Skills in Windows Server, Windows SQL Server, IIS, HTML, XML, Visual Basic, ASP.Net.
- Database Design, SQL TSQL, DDL, Stored.
- Additional training and networking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The applicant must also be flexible, reliable, and in sympathy with the Christian values of Mildmay Uganda.
- Evidence of a non-judgemental approach regarding race, religion, culture, sexuality and lifestyle is critical.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their interest to The Human Resource Manager at Mildmay Uganda, Entebbe Road, Lweza, Kampala, Uganda at email@example.com clearly indicating in the subject of the email, the position applied for or through P.O. Box 24985, Kampala.
Certified copies of academic transcripts, a full CV indicating current salary and other benefits should be provided, and two professional referees (one of whom should be a former employer).
Deadline for submission is 11th November, 2016.