About Kampala Hospital:
Kampala Hospital is a private healthcare facility in Uganda. It is a specialists’ hospital and diagnostic centre. Kampala Hospital was the first hospital in Uganda to install a Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine and a CT Scanner. For almost five years it was the only hospital in the country, providing these services.
They offer a number of services from Emergency Ambulance to Emergency services to Outpatient Care to Laboratory to Trauma surgery to Antenatal care to Pharmacy, and so forth.
Ensure that data communication within the company is reliable and of sufficient capacity to meet the Hospital business needs.
- Areas Ensure all user requests are logged in the help desk system and assigned accordingly for resolving within 24 hours.
- Provide 1st level support for user infrastructure requests including PC support, network support, email and internet support.
- Perform site visits to troubleshoot problems reported and proactively resolve issues.
- Manage the Hospital Wide-Area Network (WAN) infrastructure and ensure that new sites are adequately prepared to run hospital systems and join the partners LANS.
- Ensure that data communication within the company is reliable and of sufficient capacity to meet the Hospital business needs.
- Manage physical network infrastructure, including wired and wireless LAN.
- Manage the acquisition of new network hardware.
- Manage the critical infrastructure services – Internet, E-mail, Active directory, Firewalls, Proxy, Anti-virus, WINS, DNS, DHCP, Printing.
- Monitor and control the service levels of network suppliers and establish a list of monitored network activities.
- Monitor bandwidth usage and determine the impact / implication of related issues and recommend solutions to counter potential downtime.
- Ensure adherence to all IT polices.
- Ensure the IT equipment inventory is up to date at all the times.
- Schedule and co-ordinate annual maintenance of IT equipment in with the hospital.
- Review and monitor the status of IT and communications related hardware and give servicing / replacement / upgrade recommendation(s) to the respective departments.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of new / enhanced IT and communications related infrastructure.
- Log all user requests on the helpdesk database and resolve within 24 hours.
- Provide monthly report of support requests handled against specific service levels and agreed performance standards by 1st of subsequent month, and include recommendations for long-term resolution.
- Resolve all hardware and network issues with 24 hours.
- Escalations must be timely and clearly communicated to the IT manager and the escalation points.
- Provide quarterly report of hospital’s showing hardware that need to be phased out and replaced or upgraded.
- Continuously update users with simple troubleshooting tips through the Intranet.
- Ensure compliance with the hospital’s security policy at all sites.
- Test all hardware equipment before they are deployed to the working environment.
- Train users on operation of hardware equipment.
- Perform periodic site visits (as per support schedule) to survey condition of hardware equipment.
- Assist from time to time in systems support related tasks as assigned or deemed necessary.
- Ensure compliance with Hospital’s IT Security policy at all sites.
- Up-to-date IT Resources Inventory.
- Ensure Optimal bandwidth that serves all users.
Education: Degree level in IT with support skills in; Microsoft Windows Server, Cisco Networking, Linux, IT Security, IT infrastructure Library (ITIL), hardware and software user support skills.
Experience: Knowledge of Systems, LAN and WAN support and IT Policies.
Attributes: Self-motivated, Networking & team player, detailed problem solving approach, positive attitude, good communication skills (written & verbal), assertive and decisive.
- Three (3) minimum years of working experience.
- Qualification Level is a Bachelors.
How to Apply:
Candidates that have relevant experience, know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should submit an application letter, a CV that provides details of the applicant’s specific qualification (copies of their “Academic Transcripts”).
In addition MUST include details of present position, current remuneration and contacts of three professional referees. Send your application using courier, hand delivery or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submission is October 7, 2016 before 5:00p.m.